Well that’s for sure as this year’s season of the Not So Real Housewives of the NYC has proved. But don’t take it from me just listen to Countess Luanne, at least I think that’s Luanne in this video (it’s a little hard to tell). And the late 70’s early 80’s talkie sing is a Wow.
Will you all be watching the season finale tonight? I will and the Andy after. Go team Bethanny. Yes, I’m 40 and on a team. Sooo not mature. Don’t judge. Please.
Are you kidding me? Friday already? Seriously I feel like I just woke up from the non-break Spring break on Thursday. This is a problem.
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours with agent, Donald Maass. Now before all you writers out there go and get all jealous and what not…don’t. He was only on my iPod. I downloaded his Fire In Fiction workshop from last year’s RWA conference. ‘Cause I do want to have fire in my fiction. Here Fire is good. Let me say the workshop was great. I took pages and pages of notes and had quite a few aha moments about my story and characters which is a total win.
That said, I still love this video I found on youtube about The Writing Process. So me after comments from my lovely critique partners.
Here is my tweet from last night’s Real Housewives of NY:
“This was the nuttiest #rhony ev-ah. Jill has been taken over by the pod people aka The Countess.”
Did you watch? What do you think?
- Blame Kate from Babbling About Books for today’s funny because she made me look up these great Bruce Campbell Old Spice commercials after her comment on I’m On A Horse and you know I can’t help but share.
Listen as Bruce gets out of that to die for red chair.
And Duran Duran how can you ever go wrong there? Ya can’t.
Words this weekend? Maybe. In the meantime life has been so serious so tell me what’s been making you laugh lately.One thing making me laugh is Not So Real Housewives of the NYC being back. Did you watch last night? “Staaaaop.” (said in my best Kelly whine) or you know what else is fun? Ramona’s new phrase, “renewing myself.” Wink.Have a good weekend.
- What’s Jack up to? I’m trying to get Jack used to a new dry food and, well, it’s not easy. Let me just say Jack has to be pretty hungry to go for it. The first day he was fine, but the second day he was like, um, is this a joke? Sigh, I’m persevering.
So yesterday, well, earlier today since I’m typing this after midnight, I did The Shred workout for the first time with the 15 year old DD.Yep, I finally took it off the top if the DVD player and popped that baby in. Let me just say, Ouch!1. It’s a shame that level #1 hurts sooo bad. and2. when will I ever learn to do a proper push up? I mean come on, I’m not 13 anymore. I should have this thing down by now.
That said, I’m continuing on the food theme this week. I was on twitter and it lead me to this video on Gwyneth Paltrow of all people roasting a chicken and the fact that there was a big hoopla over it which was LOL funny of you ask me.Even more funny was the fact that what led me to the video was a Tweet from NYC Housewife Bethenny saying she:
“is LOL-ing over this whole ‘Gwynethgate’ I haven’t even seen her ‘fowl’ video…”
I kid you not. Here is the Daily News gossip that she is speaking of. Crazy.
All that said, hey, Gwyneth can cook. I’m not hatin’ on her.
Great, now I’m hungry. How about you?
- Just when the whole “organic doesn’t mean a hill of beans” study comes out. This book Clean goes and makes the New York Times best seller list. Insert head shake here.But Dr. Junger really does make a lot of sense. On top of that he’s not so bad to look at. Check out this great interview from Obsessed TV with Samantha Ettus. He had me stopped in my tracks. I was like preach to the choir why don’t cha?
Now as lots of you know I suffer from migraines and have for years plus allergies which I get 6, yes, 6 stinking shots a week for. I’m pretty much allergic to just about everything in the air and at this point I don’t know if the shots are doing a bit of good. Besides that, as my faithful readers know my personality is somewhat that of a constant thinker and worrier so after watching this interview with Dr. Junger you know I’ll be picking up his book.As for practicing The Clean Program? Ummm….. I’m like, Jack with his new diet and making no promises. You all know how much I like to deprive myself. Sigh.
I’ll let ya know.In other book news… My favorite housewife NeNe Leakes has her book Never Make The Same Mistake Twice coming out today. Good luck NeNe!
And My hair is fab! Though everything else is just strange and freaky.
Now go and make your own here and keep the joy going. Happy Friday.
1. Book/Dinner/Wine/Mom’s night out was so much fun. We had an exciting discussion over The Ten Year Nap. We even got lively over the word ‘piquant’. All different views on the characters and the style of writing. We were the loudest in the restaurant. Thank goodness we were in the back and we were the last to leave the restaurant. Too funny.
2.Did you watch the real Hot Messes of NYC part 2 reunion? So fun! The best. Le Countess giving Kelly the business. Who woulda thunk it? Then the Kelly Bethenny showdown. Whoa!
Tonight is book group or book/wine/dinner group. Well, to be honest it’s mom’s night out with a book to give it legitimacy.
New restaurant tonight, Persian and BYOB. Fun! PVE is the designated driver. Loves her!
We’ve all finished THE TEN YEAR NAP and I can’t wait to get into the discussion and see who thought what of this book about mothers going through life’s adversities. I’ve got my thoughts. But, don’t I always?
The new selection is THE LACE READER by Brunonia Barry. I’ve decided to “read” this one on audio book during walks with Jack since the weather is getting better and my TBR (to be read) pile is tipping over and full of great romances that I’m excited to read.
Here is the trailer:
What are you currently reading?
P.S. I made an error! Part 2 of the NYC Housewives reunion is tonight. I’m setting my DVR are you watching?
What’s Jack up to? Jack is chilling as I write this. Wish I had time to chill like dear Jack. That’s okay. He’ll chill for me.
I’m a woman being hurled though space and time with lots to say and not enough time to say it. It’s been all work, work, work and none of it fun.
I mean, hey if I’m swabbing the deck there might as well be a nice treasure at the end of the deal. Sigh.
Hey and did you all watch Part 1 of the Real Housewives of the NYC hot mess reunion special? I love it when the words come back to. They always do. Hello Camera! Ramona and her wildness. Kelly and the tears. There was so much Hot Messery that they need a part 2 next week.
And then I couldn’t even go to bed because they put The Hot Messes of New Jersey on right after. What?! Teresa is going for a French chateau look in her marble, granite and onyx house and paying only in cash. I’m saying no more.
Oh, Bravo how I love and hate you at the same time.
- What’s Jack Up to? Jack is getting his Monday chill on after dealing with the wild family all weekend. A cloudy day means a Jack will be perched on the couch dozing for a good part of the day.The DH and I had a party to go to on Saturday night that we thought we were showing up for fashionably late. Turns out that 11:00 was not late enough. Seriously, nobody was there yet. I was like, “what, is this party being hosted by Kelly from the Not So Real Housewives of the NYC?”But no, it was the DH’s bud’s party and he wanted to make an appearance. So we drove around in the city looking for a bite to eat. He wanted to treat me to something a bit fancy. I said no way.This is there we ended up for some pre-party fare.There’s a good reason he married me. I’m so easy to please.
I hope you had a satisfying weekend.Best,Kwana
It’s been a while since I’ve done a Knit Wednesday post. Mainly, because I’m embarrassed to be so far behind in my knitting. I’m still on that darn second sock. Every once in a while knitting a row here and there and when it’s our Wednesday knitting group but mostly doing more therapeutic chatting than knitting.
I also have a bulky black turtleneck that I fear may be done by the winter of 2020 at the rate I’m going but at this point my mind is now onto lighter prettier things like this:
The pattern is called Spring Forward.
Isn’t it sweet? From here and unfortunately way out of my league. I’d probably have to start with taking a class in lace knitting before a could graduate up to a circular sock in such a pattern but isn’t it nice to dream?
New thing to add to my goal list: Take a class in lace knitting.
Tell me, what’s something new you’d like to learn?
How funny are the Not So Real Housewives of the NYC? Thisssss funny. That dis-Countess and Ramona had me laughing so hard last night. I sure needed that at 10PM. And Alex and Simon in their sad blow up pool. I cracked up but it gave me something to like about them. I should get one for the DH and I. We’ll be living the high life too.