What’s Jack up to? Jack has been an odd one. Very pushy and demanding lately. He wants what he wants when he wants it and is not afraid to show it. A total toddler like dog. So Jack.
The Lovely Debra from Lifescapes tagged me with the 10th post challenge where you are supposed to post your 10th blog photo. Now I had to dig way back to January 2008 for this 10th photo and the post was back when I was blogging Project Runway which I have not been doing for the past 2 seasons though I still watch the show. I will say I was not surprised with the final 2 at all this season but wanted Emilio to win. Ahh well. I also give thanks to Anthony for providing the entertainment this year.
Now this 10th pic was of a Christian Sirano design from one of the challenges. Christian turned out to be the winner and stand out of the show. Attached is a more recent youtube clip of Christian being just Christian. I love that he carries a date book like I do. Beyonce!
If you care to play along in the 10 photo post let me know and I’ll come for a visit. I’d love to see your 10th photos.
- First I wanted to say thank you to all who were so kind to check out my interview over at Romance Writers on The Journey yesterday. I’m so grateful. There is still time to make a comment today and win a Barnes and Nobel Gift card if you didn’t get a change yesterday. You can check it out here and make your comment.Next I’ve been tagged by Ms. Kristen by the 6 by 6 game. The mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the sixth image in your sixth image folder, and then tag another six people to do the same.Ok here goes. Sorry, but I had to go with the 5th photo as the 6th was of the dear teen twins and I promised not to post them on this here blog. Maybe one day. So you’re stuck once again with Jack acting like, well, Jack. Here he is trying to escape his play yard as we all do garden work.As for tagging, I’ll just say play along if you like but please let me know so I can check out your pic!
Best,Kwanaballoon photo from Flickr
- What’s Jack up to? What is the wild dog not up to? He’s been into so much lately. Right now I’m throwing out a stuffed toy that for some reason he picked tonight to rip to smithereens. Oh well. Your loss Jack.I’ve been Tagged!
How did that happen?
Oh that sneaky Jax that’s how. I’ll get you back somehow, Jax:)Ok here goes…Here are the rules:Link to the person who tagged you. Jax.Post the rules on your blog.List 6 unspectacular quirks you have.Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.Leave a comment on each person’s blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.And now, to my sadly unspectacular quirks:1. I’ll sort of steal the first from Jax. I kinds of like room tempature water. Too cold water gives me a headache.2. Speaking of headaches I can get one from the sun. You won’t catch me sunbathing on a hot day. I’m like a Gremlin running from the bright light.3. I’m such a child of the 80’s. I just love 80’s pop. I have an 80’s playlist on my iPod and can remember the day when MTV came on for the first time. I like totally would run to the tv at the first notes of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zeBVffDl4 . I was going to marry HIM. What did I know? What did any of us know back then?4. I have this quirky thing with styling continuity when watching shows. For example it really bugged me when watching Lipstick Jungle this week with how the girls multi-strand pearls kept tangling and untangling as they walked. In the bumpy cab ride Nico even switched to a single strand mid bump. I cringed5. I’m really messy, but like a neat silverware drawer. Quirky, huh?6. I can’t stand the taste or smell of mint of any kind. Strange, but true. Don’t bring it near me.Ok, there are my quirks. I shared. Are you ready to share yours?Don’t hate- embrace!Best,Kwana
- What’s Jack up to? He’s having the Saturday crazies with the kids at home. Extra wildness ensues. Fun huh? Not.Well, Jack won’t be too wild, in fact, it should be fairly sane around here for part of the day since the DH has to work and he’s going for daddy of the year by taking the DD into the city with him for the day and leaving me with little league duty and the DS. It’s cool and I can get some work done if I decide to hang at the field with my laptop.Thanks so much to you all for checking in with Ask The Agent yesterday. If you missed it please scroll down and check it out. It was fab if I do say so myself.So I’m been tagged yet again. This time its by the sly Elizabeth with the page 123 book tag that’s been going around. Here are the rules:1. Pick up the nearest book.2. Open to page 1233. Find the fifth sentence.4. Post the next three sentences.5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you’ve posted your three sentences.OK here goes…This tag is perfectly timed because although I’m reading, like, 4 books right now, I just came from the library to pick up some books I had on hold and I was so excited to get A Moment on The Lips by Phyllis Bourne Williams my new blog friend whose book I’m going to dive right into. Yippee!!! Do any of you do that to? I’m so crazy.So, page 123…He gently removed the melting ice cream come from her hand and wiped her palm with a napkin.“The doctors said I had a stroke.”“What?” Grant asked skeptically.That’s it 3 sentences. Don’t you want to know more about this ‘her’ that had the stroke and this Grant dude that’s gently removing melting ice cream cones from her hands? I sure do and I will. Yes!As for tags, This has really been going around so I’m going to leave the tagging to you all. If you care to play have at it. Leave a comment and say you’re tagging yourself. I can’t wait to see who plays. Have fun!Best,Kwana
What’s Jack up to? The wild boy is getting himself in trouble again by frolicking his dirty butt in my clean laundry. Jack!
So I was just tagged (see below) then I tagged Patricia and at the same time she was tagging me. And we call each other friends? Crazy huh? Not to be a wimp I’m going for it. 2 tags in a row then I am done. You are all probably now bored stiff with me, but here I go with the great A to Z tag:
A. Attached or Single – Attached since the 80’s to my DH. Ha and they said it wouldn’t last. We showed them, Hon!
B. Best Friend – I’m a lucky girl with lots of wonderful folks in my life, but I’ll name a few there’s: Patricia, and Karli and Ceska and my PIC, Megan. I could go on. I told you I was lucky!
C. Cake or Pie –Hmm. Tough one. Depends on the cake or the pie.
D. Day of Choice – Knit Wednesday
E. Essential Item – Elizabeth Arden’s 8 Hour Cream
F. Favorite Color -Black. Really, Is there another color for clothes?
G. Gummy Bears or Worms – Gummy Bears
H. Hometown -I’m a New York City girl
I. Indulgence – Nightly Bubble Bath
J. January or July – Neither. June is the month for me then October
K. Kids – 2. Teen Twins a dear daughter and dear son
L. Life isn’t complete without – LOVE
M. Marriage date– Oct 7
N. Number of brothers and sisters -3 Brothers
O. Oranges or Apples – Green Apples
P. Phobias – Fears – Both, but know they are a terrible waste of time
Q. Quote – “I can’t think about this now. I’ll go crazy if I do. I’ll think about it tomorrow.” quick- who said it?
R. Reason to smile –Just look around!
S. Season of Choice – Fall. You can wear all that lovely black.
T. Tag 3 – I’ll stop here so as not to get smacked. If you’d like to play just give a shout and have at it!
U. Unknown fact about me – Oh Gawd! What’s not known about me after all these tags?
V. Vegetable – Broccoli Baby
W. Worst Habit – I’ll steal from Patricia and say: saying “yes” when I clearly should say “no!”
X. X-ray or Ultrasound – I’ll steal from Patricia here too since I had the same experience: Ultrasound of twins! Eek!
Y. Your Fave Food – yesterday was pasta, but today I’m so craving lobster.
Z. Zodiac – Gemini baby!cool pic fom google
What’s Jack up to? Here he is (still needing a haircut) jumping in on me taking a picture of this cool ribbon scarf I finished. Jack this is not your shot. Scoot. He has the nerve to try and pose too! Ugh, I’ve created a monster with bad hair.I’m starting on another scarf for someone special (shhh…) in the same stitch. As you can tell I really like this drop stitch. It’s not hard and looks so pretty. I’m loving this slightly ribboned yarn with a bit of mohair I found. It’s sturdy, but delicate.
So I’ve been tagged again. This time by Kristen and she looks so sweet. Hmm…You’re feeling: Tired and a little anxious
To your left: Books, a table lamp, way too many papersOn your mind: Oh, just everything. My kids mostly, my DH, my WIP, my bills, too much.
Last meal included: Totally top chef- not: Meatloaf, Kraft Mac and cheese and string beans, HA!You sometimes find it hard to: Chill out.The weather: raining and still too cold!Something you have a collection of: Books, Magazines, yarn
A smell that cheers you up: lavender, spring rain, cut grass
A smell that can ruin your mood: Mint. I can’t stand it!
How long since you last shaved: Too long, I’m a bit over due.
The current state of your hair: Ugh. Dry and choppy. Must get it done for NEC.
The largest item on your desk/workspace (not computer): some special yellow fake flowers that will make it to their destination one day
Your skill with chopsticks: so-soWhich section you head for first in a bookstore: center tables then Romance
Something you’re craving: always Pasta.
Your general thoughts on the presidential race: Scroll down a bit and you’ll see then make up your own mind.
How many times have you been hospitalized this year: More than I’d like.
Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: Movies. Not quiet but a great escape for me.
You’ve always secretly thought you’d be a good: Actress.
Something that freaks you out a little: Gum on the side of a plate.
Something you’ve eaten too much of lately: Pasta. See above.
You have never: Jumped out of a plane
You never want to: Jump out of a planeOh, Did any one watch Survivor? Erik totally sold Ami out. She really tried to fight it out and I thought she had something there but it was a no go. There was no way Ozzy was letting go of his most adoring fan. So funny!And… on Make Me A Supermodel Holly Wins!!! Yay! I’m so glad she beat out those way too smug boys (Ronnie). Ha! This show actually grew on me. Who knew?
Ok, now I’m gone. Smiles! Happy Friday.
What’s Jack up to? It’s Friday night even though I’m posting this on Saturday. Jack’s winding down after ending the evening by finding some fine mud to get into. Never a dull moment with the Jackster.
How much do I love these images of Victoria Beckham in a bag Labeled Christian Siriano from the Project Rungay blog. Head over there and check it out. Those guys are fashionistas to the fullest.
So I was tagged by Dawn at Dolce Diva Designs. Now I’ve done this one before but I’m going to try and come up with 7 more things.
Here are the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here I go:
1. I’m currently watching Bridget Jones’s Diary for like the millionth time and still smiling!
2.There are flattering socks on my cream slathered, winter cracked, size 11 feet. TMI?
3. The cream is Elizabeth Arden’s Fab Eight Hour Cream, recommended by me and Ms. Victoria Beckham. It really is a wonder cream. Even heals scars. Really.
4. I Love WHAM. Say what you will, I don’t care. “Wake me up before you go go. Don’t leave me hanging on like a yo-yo….” Oops. sorry.
5.I’m a Gemini with twins.
6.I’m Crazy for Reality TV. Did you know that? Ha.
7.I have an active imagination and a too short attention span, but once I do really grab a hold of something I’m fierce and never let go. Don’t let me get a bee in my bonnet.
So I’ve pretty much tagged everyone I know all accept Eileen so Eileen you’re it. Have fun!
- What’s Jack up to? He’s feeling frisky today and making an annoying game of running off with my slippers.So I’ve been caught again.
Maureen tagged me for this 6 unimportant fact about me meme. Thanks Maureen.Me, unimportant? Now who’s gonna believe that? Oh yeah, just about everyone I know 🙂
But still it’s kind of hard since me like everyone pretty much thinks that everything about them is important.Well it’s not. So here goes:
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.2. Post the rules on your blog.3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Now 6 unimportant facts about me:
1. I love a good BLT on white with Hellman’s mayo. Don’t go trying to pass off that other sweet stuff, I’ll know.2. I can’t stand the taste or smell of mint.3. I was taught high-school English by Pulitzer Prize winner Frank McCourt.4. Stealing the idea from Maureen: I love the word vexed. Could it be because I’m always vexed?5. One of my favorite places in New York is the Egyptian Gallery at the Metropolitan Museum of Art by the big reflecting pool and looking out on Central Park.6. Another favorite place of mine is the garden at The Cloisters Museum in Washington Heights where I grew up. I’ve always admired the Unicorn Tapestries and was enthralled by Tracy Chevalier’s The Lady and the Unicorn.
photos from met site
And now to share the love…
I’m tagging: Megan, Elizabeth, Marley, Patricia, Mel and Melissa.
What’s Jack up to? Today he’s still full of energy after his morning walk so now he’s running laps around the house. Don’t hurt yourself, Jack.
I can’t believe it happened to me. Thanks Mel for initiating me into the blog tagging world. Since this is my first, I’ll go with it and break my no tagging rule.
So here are 7 random facts about Kwana:
1.My favorite diner dish is grilled cheese on white bread with bacon. Don’t think about putting a tomato on it!
3.ADORE is my favorite Prince song. (bonus: I can do the dance from the When Doves Cry video)
4.I’ve been married for almost 18 years. Wow.
5.I wear a size 11 shoe.
6.I’m an academy award winning actress and director- in my own mind.
7.I’m also the winner of America’s Next Top Model- in my own mind. Fierce!
Here we have a mix of artists, writers, knitters and fashionistas. Old and new friends.
Schmooze get to know each other. Please don’t beat me up ladies!