It’s a Happy Day for romance! Today is the official release day for Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches’ Guide to Romance Novels by Sarah Wendell and Candy Tan.
Happily in honor of their launch Sarah has agreed to guest blog today. Have at it Sarah. Welcome. My blog is your blog!
Best Things About Meeting Fans of Our Website, Inspired by Kwana.
(Kwana insert: Oh I’m so flattered! Cut to me batting my lashes.)
1. Most of the women who read romance (I am an exception to his rule) are effortlessly stylish, savvy, and fashionable. (Me, not so much – after two babies with reflux, my fashion code is “May it Be Machine Washable.”) So when you meet these fabulous fans of romance, you can subtly learn all new ways to dress yourself and look damn good.
(Look at this woman’s style. So cool. I’m sure she’s a romance reader.)
2. Have we mentioned that Smart Bitches read romance? It’s true. So when you meet romance fans, expect silly, smart, sharp and witty conversation about everything from cell phone ebook readers to shoes to recently read books to the one title you’ll haunt the bookstore looking for on release day.
3. Everyone is different with something crucial in common. I mentioned this in the Bitch Book ( better known as Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches’ Guide to Romance Novels) and it’s so true. Romance is loved by many, many different women from many, many different walks of life and places of origin. The one thing we may all have in common is romance novels. We may disagree on every other thing, but romances can give us hours of conversation. There aren’t many things that can establish a foundation of friendship like a love of man-titty, emotional happiness, and wonderful protagonists.
4. Romance Readers always carry great handbags. Why? We have everything else plus a book in there. Check out the purse selection at your local romance reader hangout – or visit Lady Jane’s Salon for a visual education in the art of the book-carrying handbag. Then go shopping.
(Amen. You’re speaking my language here. Check out her bag. I bet she has a great French romance in there.)
5. Corny ridiculous time! The conviviality and eager joy of romance fans translates to a very happy atmosphere when we’re all in one place. Love, after all, is all you need.
Thank you for being here. And to you and Candy for being such true romance warriors. Check out Sarah and Candy over at their blog Smart Bitches Who Like Trashy Books here. And pick up a copy of Beyond Heaving Bosoms. You’ll have a great time.
fashion images from The Satorialist